Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Coverage


Thank you Lance Armstrong.
Since I'm a dork, I have an alert setup with nytimes.com to send me articles tagged with "bicycles". For years, I'd get like one a month or so. It'd usually be at the end of some important race like a Spring Classic or Grand Tour, or maybe every couple of months about some guy a bike. As there was that mini gas saving push to ride bikes starting in 2008, there were a few more articles and now they have that Spokes blog (and that stupid one about the reporter who rode a bike in France), but that hasn't changed too much. But, the biggest up tick in the number of alerts has occurred since Lance Armstrong announced his comeback-- like, there were daily updates on Paris-Nice and that article yesterday about the problems associated with televising bike races. That article was pretty surprising. I thought that complaining about bicycle racing on tv was provenience of weird bike bloggers.



Also, you ever try a front rack? They're freaking awesome! In the last 18 hours, I've carried a 12pack of Miller Lite and my lunch, so far it's like nothing I've ever experienced. I recommend this one: the Pletscher Athlete. It's simple, cheaper and can go on the front or back. It also has this cool mousetrap system to hold smallish items.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive